Our forum runs best with JavaScript enabled !

Khó hiểu ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Khó hiểu ? Empty Khó hiểu ?

Post by 8DonCo Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:34 pm

Bà  Carrie Lam tính chơi trò gì ?  scratch scratch

Chẳng lẽ hệ thống Ngân Hàng của Hong Kong Mỹ làm chủ hết  ?

Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam is getting paid in cash because banks won't deal with her

[size=18]US sanctions have cut off Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam from the global banking system, the controversial political leader says, forcing her to stockpile cash.
Lam on Friday told a local TV station in Hong Kong that she has been unable to access banking services since the United States blocked American individuals and companies from doing business with her in August. The US government took action in response to China's imposition of a sweeping national security law on the city.
The restrictions also prevent Lam from holding any US-based assets.
"I'm using cash everyday for all the things," Lam told Hong Kong International Business Channel on Friday. "I have piles of cash at home. The government is paying me cash for my salary because I don't have a bank account."

Lam's revelation shows just how hamstrung she's become by the restrictions. In August, she told Chinese state broadcaster CGTN that she hadn't been to the United States in years and that the sanctions were "really meaningless."
In another interview with the South China Morning Post published Sunday, Lam said that she only withdraws part of her salary and keeps it in a drawer in her house, with the rest of the money kept in the Hong Kong Treasury. Lam earns 5.2 million Hong Kong dollars ($672,200) a year, according to the government.[/size]

Khó hiểu ? JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Khó hiểu ? Empty Re: Khó hiểu ?

Post by ga10 Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:32 pm

https://time.com/5878037/us-sanctions-hong-kong-banks/

In the latest round of punitive measures that the U.S. government has imposed on Hong Kong, the Trump Administration announced on Aug. 7 that it would sanction 11 high-ranking Hong Kong officials, including the city’s leader Chief Executive Carrie Lam.

Home Knowledgebase What Are Sanctions? What Is A Sanctions List?

What Is A Sanctions List?
Sanctions List
In order to ensure financial sanctions are observed and enforced, financial institutions are required to consult sanctions lists when conducting business.

What is a Sanctions List?
Financial sanctions are a significant part of the global fight against financial crime and are used by governments all over the world to restrict or prohibit trade with foreign targets which are involved, or suspected of being involved, in illegal activities.

Financial sanctions may be leveled against entire countries, or against individuals and entities. They may also be used against parties not directly engaged in crimes, but which are acting on behalf of others who are doing so. To help businesses determine who is, and who is not, the subject of financial sanctions, governments, and financial authorities issue sanctions lists.

Since sanctions are usually backed by serious civil and criminal penalties, institutions should carefully consider their compliance status, and integrate their use of sanctions lists with the internal systems and controls they put in place to detect and report financial crime.

Companies or financial institutions that do business with countries/individuals that are on the sanction list could get hefty penalties.
ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Post by 8DonCo Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:09 pm

bà Gà 

I know that but she can not use the bank , Hong Kong only has US Banks ??

Khó hiểu ? JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by ga10 Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:43 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/30/business/hong-kong-carrie-lam-cash-intl-hnk/index.html

When US issues the sanction against these individuals, they are also going to block any individuals & companies from doing business with her. So if a non-US bank allows her to bank with them, they may not be able to do business with the US. Hence they all now have to sanction her as well.

ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top